Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 22 September 2010

Introduction!

A brief note about me, My name is Laurence Cox and I have a very deep interest in music such as R'n'B, Garage and Mo-town music, however this fluctuates between the 3 predominantly. This is where my inspiration for my magazine production will come from. 


This blog will include a culmination AS-Level Media  of the coverage of my own music magazine production. It will also include the preliminary tasks and market research that I have produced through the weeks. This inclined with analysis and criticism of my work, I believe will help me to conduct this task efficiently.


The main objective in media this year is to design a brand new magazine, which targets the following audience:

A teen audience between 12 and 15 years old or
An older teens audience between the ages of 16-19.
Aimed at a UK magazine audience

The magazine is to be sold on a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly basis.

You will have to decide on:







  • A title
  • The genre(s) of your magazine
  • Its style and form
  • Magazine conventions-and comparisons to existing music magazine publications
  • Create a brand identity/use of logo
  • Its use of representation
  • The language of the magazine article 
  • Use of original and not found images
  • Is it a regional or national publication
  • Consider who is your target audience 
It is important that you have created an image for a new band/ artist. This artist/ band is whom you are promoting in your music magazine. The original images you are to take have to promote the image of your artist and the magazine article is promoting and publishing a new album/ single and the launch of the career of the musicians.







These two music videos of Common - The Light and Maxwell- Pretty Wings are the kind of inspiration that I am looking for in my project and the type of artist you are likely to see.





No comments:

Post a Comment